We’re delighted to announce that beginning this spring and summer we will be adding hanging flower baskets to Western Avenue!
Thank You: Charter Sponsors
- Pittsburgh Home & Garden Show (4 baskets)
- The Parador Inn (2 baskets)
- Ann Gilligan Sorbet (1 basket)
- LeClaire, Griewahn & Scott (1 basket)
- The Delta Foundation (1 basket)
- Smart Solutions (1 basket)
- Gary Otto in Honor of Donna Otto (1 basket)
- Annette Trunzo (1 basket)
- The Burton Family (1 basket)
- Anonymous neighbor & business owner (1 basket)
- Allegheny West Civic Council (4 baskets)
The Western Pennsylvania Conservancy (WPC) will provide the baskets, flowers, installation, watering and maintenance, “take-down” and storage of the baskets. We currently have 15 baskets sponsored, but with 32 poles, there is room for others to help in this worthy endeavor! We want to ensure that all who would like to participate be given the chance to do so. The deadline to sponsor a basket for 2015 is February 28, 2015.
In 2015, the WPC is providing a discounted rate of $325/basket for the initial year, which includes purchase of the basket. Future years will be assessed at a $275/basket rate for planting and maintenance. Sponsoring a basket this year doesn’t require a commitment to continue to sponsor in the following years.
Sponsors of a full basket will be recognized with a sign on the basket. Contributors of smaller amounts—to be combined for full baskets or for future years’ maintenance – will be recognized on the AWCC website and in our newsletter.
Sponsor or Donate Today
We can accept payment for a basket online or by sending a check made out to AWCC to 806 Western Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15233. Please include a note with the wording for the acknowledgement sign.