News Around the Neighborhood
- Please contact Carol Gomrick at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- During the tour you can text Cathy Serventi at (412) 418-2027 at Calvary before 8:00 pm if you have any concerns.
- All of Beech Ave and the 800 block of N. Lincoln will be barricaded to vehicular traffic during the tour. Please do not expect to be able to drive on these streets during the tour.
- Friday: starting at 3:30 pm ending at 10:00 pm
- Saturday: starting at 9:30 am ending at 10:00 pm
- Landlords – please make sure your tenants are aware of the street closures
- Western Ave will be fully open to traffic
- Galveston will be blocked at the intersection of Beech Ave. Thru traffic on Dounton and Buttercup Way
- Residents on Beech and 800 Block of N. Lincoln are asked to move their cars from the street during the tour. The parking lot at Babb Insurance, corner of Galveston @ Chapel Way is available to residents for their vehicles.
- Lot opens Friday, 3:00 pm thru Saturday, 10:00 pm
- Tour Attendees and volunteers will have free parking in the CCAC Lot on Ridge Ave. but if you are a resident please use the Babb Lot, since we’ve run out of parking for attendees, especially Saturday afternoon and evening.
- Friday, December 8 – 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm (doors open 4:00 pm, last tour at Holmes hall 11:30 pm)
- Saturday, December 9 – 10:00 am – 8:00 pm (doors open 9:00 am – last tour at Holmes Hall 11:30 pm)
- Friday 7:30 pm – 11:00 pm
- Saturday 12:30 pm – 9:30 pm
- The Antique Shoppe is open to the public while tours are leaving from Calvary. The Shoppe will be in the basement of Calvary. Many of the vendors from prior tours are back and some new ones too. Please visit during the tour.
- Please take some time to clear leaves and debris on your walkway and assist in making the sidewalks safe. Many of the tours happen in the evening and it is important that the sidewalks are kept clear.
It is with heavy heart that we announce the death of our dear friend and neighbor, Mary Callison. Mary has been a vital part of Allegheny West for decades, working tirelessly on neighborhood projects, and delighting us all with her wonderful cooking, baking and gardening. She was elegant, insightful and intellectually curious, so always an interesting and commanding companion and participant in book clubs, coffees, bridge and brunch groups. Mary served on the board of Allegheny West Civic Council and was a leader in green spaces, property management and historic preservation…and when she wasn’t leading, she was doing: planting flowers, clearing litter, acting as a docent for house tours, managing AWCC’s tenants, attending City and Historic Review meetings on behalf of the neighborhood and so much more.
Public Works has granted permits to P3R to close the Andy Warhol (Seventh Street) Bridge and the David McCullough (16th Street) Bridge in the City of Pittsburgh for the EQT Pittsburgh 10 Miler. The closures will occur from 6:30 am to 11:30 am on Sunday, November 5. Public Works is not involved with this event and is providing this information as a public service announcement only. Read more: https://bit.ly/46WGDy0
Contributed by Chris Siewers
This Saturday, 11/4 is yard debris pick-up in Allegheny West. Paper bags with leaves, twigs, weeds, plants, etc have to be out by 6:00 am on Saturday.
karlhuberillustration and galleryh are proud to showcase the illustrated fantasy work of Karl Huber. Karl’s Kreature Feature! The show will run from October 7-31, 2023. Opening reception on Thursday October 26, from 5:00-7:00 pm at 909 Western Ave, Pittsburgh. Everyone dressed entirely all in black will be eligible to enter a drawing to win…a drawing. There is a $1 dollar fee to participate. Hope to see you there!