Friday, Dec 11 and Saturday, Dec 12, 2015
We are once again planning for the Christmas Tour, which will feature six neighborhood houses in addition to Calvary United Methodist Church. Once again, Holmes Hall will be open to guests as well as those who would like to tour the train museum. Tour-goers (and neighbors) can do early holiday shopping at our shop in Calvary Church.
Much work remains to be done:
- Two homeowners have graciously volunteered their homes, but we need four other homeowners (or renters!) Please consider opening your home so that we can continue to host what is our major fundraiser. Without this tour, our neighborhood’s projects and opportunities to impact the surrounding area will be diminished.
- Those who have volunteered for past tours will soon be contacted by our sub-chairs. Please respond (positively!) to their emails and calls.
- New neighbors are encouraged to consider how they will be able to help with the tour. This is a great event to be involved with. Some ideas:
- Put your house on tour.
- Offer to help homeowners on tour with decorating and housesitting during the tour.
- Be a tour guide (instructions and scripts provided)
- Greet our visitors at Calvary Church where the tour begins
- Help our party chair to organize (and perhaps cook or bake for) the volunteer party held on Saturday night
- Be on the tour committee–or just attend the meetings–and give your ideas and suggestions.
Please contact any of us for more information:house tour, tours, victorian christmas, volunteer