Saturday, April 16, 2022
8:45 am – 1:45 pm
PPG Paints Arena
1001 Fifth Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
PRC’s Household Chemical Collection events are registration based. This allows us to control the flow of traffic into the event, ensuring an efficient and safe experience for the public and our staff and recycling partners. Tickets are available per person.
Procedures & Fee Structure
- $20 fee for up 10 gallons/50 lbs per vehicle*
- All forms of payment accepted
- All items MUST be placed in car trunk or truck bed
- Remain in your vehicle at all times
While registration for this event is free, there is a $20 fee per vehicle load of 10 gallons/50 lbs.
*Oversized loads will be subject to additional charges at the discretion of on-site staff.
*ADDITIONAL FEES: $12 per fire extinguisher; $15 per pound of liquid mercury
Please remember to arrive on site 5-10 minutes prior to your allotted collection time. All participants who have a registered time slot are guaranteed the opportunity to turn over their materials. Those who are late will be processed when an open spot becomes available.
$20 fee covers disposal of up to 10 gallons/50 lbs of the following materials:
- Aerosol cans
- Automotive fluids (e.g., motor oil, transmission fluid, antifreeze, kerosene, brake fluid)
- Batteries & Camp fuel/small propane bottles
- Chemistry sets & Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs: bulbs only- we do not accept fluorescent tubes)
- Gasoline and kerosene
- Household cleaners (ammonia, drain openers, acid cleaners, oven cleaners)
- Mercury thermometers
- Paint products (latex, oil based, alkyd based, arts/crafts chemicals, rust preservatives, creosote, water sealers, paint thinners, furniture strippers)
- Pesticides/garden (rodent killers, insecticides, weed killers, mothballs, fertilizer)
- Photo & Pool chemicals & Smoke Detectors
Please note that we cannot accept any of these items in leaky containers.
Tip: To avoid spills and damage to your vehicle, never put leaky containers into your car. If possible, transfer materials to a new container. Preserve the label and place in a zippered plastic bag to keep with replacement container. If you can’t transfer the material, you can isolate the leaky item by placing it in a zippered plastic bag, plastic bucket, etc.
Materials NOT Accepted
- Commercial and industrial waste
- Compressed gas cylinders (large grill/medical)
- Fluorescent tubes
- Leaking containers
- Medical waste (including needles and sharps)
- Prescription or non-prescription drugs
- PCBs and dioxins
- Radioactive materials