Submitted by Carol Gomrick
I’m thrilled to share that all of the homes are secured for the 2019 Wine Tour. Thank you to the following homeowners for opening up your homes.
Holmes Hall (719 Brighton Road)
Scott Keeney (905 Beech Avenue)
Carol & Brett (940 W North Avenue)
CCAC West Hall (Ridge Avenue)
Emmanuel Church (957 W North Avenue)
Dennis & Doug (808 Galveston Avenue)
PLEASE NOTE! We are very excited that we are looking to have on the tour West Hall part of CCAC. This stop is added so guests will be able to view the incredible exhibit sharing a 50-year history retrospective of Allegheny West. An incredible story, beautifully woven together by Doris Short and Greg Coll. Doris and Greg will be on hand to walk guest through the exhibit. We would be remiss if we did not thank CCAC for generously opening the hall for the tour and allowing the exhibit to be extended for the guests.
I would be remiss if I didn’t thank Dr Quintin Bullock, CCAC President, Dr Evon W. Walters, Campus President and Mary Henderson with Facilities who all have supported the efforts to open these historic buildings for our tours. Please look in the near future on the Allegheny West website and in the program for upcoming wine tasting classes being offered at the CCAC Allegheny Campus.
The tour committee is actively looking for volunteers to help during the tour – please see the list below of opportunities available. There are limited slots so they will fill up on a first response method: Contact Annette Trunzo or Carol Gomrick to sign up (email@example.com). In the next email blast, a link to a Google Docs sign up sheet will be available.
Volunteer Responsibilities | 1 per Homeowner / per Tour
Homeowners will be seeking wine pourers/food servers and greeters.
Point of contact for the homeowner (House lead will need to be available during the entire shift)
- Makes sure all issues are addressed / e.g. extra plates/napkins etc.
- Coordinate with Annette Trunzo for additional supplies as needed
- Coordinate on Saturday to tear down service at tour house and coordinate remaining food/wine delivered to after party. 1 per household / openings Friday 5 – 9 / Sat 1-5 / Sat 5 – 9 (Holmes Hall is filled.)
- Point of contact for the homeowner
- Requirements will vary based upon the restaurant assigned to the house
- Pick up food from local restaurant and deliver to the home | may require multiple trips during the tour. Restaurants: Bier’s Pub, Lola Bistro, Brugge on North, Bistro 2 Go
- Deliver dessert to the homes for the last tour of the evening
- Point of contact for Annette Trunzo to set up/tear down tour; address any issues during the tour
- Make sure parking signage from AWCC office is set up/returned for the tour
- Set up/tear down tables for Byers Hall and return tables to their owners (Doris/Greg and Carol/Brett)
- 3 per tour / openings Friday 5 – 9 / Sat 1-5 / Sat 5 – 9
- Help setup/tear down after party at Carole and Bob Malakoff’s house – 9:00 pm start
- Need to deliver food/drinks / help set up Saturday night after the tours
- Clean up after the festivities
- Lead Guest on the Tour | Slots still available – Contact: Doug Sprague firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you all for your support of the 2019 tour. Pray for great weather! Cheers!