Duties of Officers
The President shall preside at all meetings of the Council and the Executive Committee, and shall be ex-officio member of all committees except the Nominating Committee. He shall appoint special committees, and shall perform all other duties usually pertaining to the office. The president will prepare an annual budget for presentation to the January meeting. The budget must be approved by a majority of members present at a regular or special membership meeting.
- The Vice-President shall perform the duties of the President in the absence or inability of that officer to act, and shall assist the President when called upon.
- The Treasurer shall be responsible for the collection and disbursement of all moneys of the Council, and the payment of all bills, and shall submit a monthly financial statement. His or her records shall be subject to an annual audit. No bills which are not line items in the approved budget for the fiscal year shall be paid without the approval of a majority of members present at a regular or special membership meeting.
- The Recording Secretary shall keep a record of all meetings of the Council, and the Executive Committee.
- The Corresponding Secretary shall take care of all correspondence pertaining to the business of the Council.
- It shall be the duty of the Sergeant-at-Arms to maintain order at the direction of the President. He or she shall be responsible for greeting and seating all guests, and shall insure that all in attendance at the regular meeting register their names on the attendance form, and shall establish the presence of a quorum as defined in Article VIII, Section 6.