The Cranberry Flip
- 2 oz dry gin
- 4 oz cranberry juice
- 2 oz lemon juice (about one lemon’s worth)
Fill a tall glass with ice, add ingredients, and stir.
Garnish with mint and orange slices
Judge Jr., Here’s How!, 1927
- As always, drink responsibly.
- This is, possibly, a pre-cursor to The Cosmopolitan or “Cosmo”, which was so popular in the 1980s (and into the 2000s for some Sex and the City fans).
- Leave out the gin for a “mocktail” that also promotes urinary tract health!
- Mint is still available at some grocery stores. It’s far cheaper, though, to grow your own crop each year. But beware! Mint spreads like a weed, so you may want to isolate it in a planter, or between the walk and your house.