The Allegheny West Civic Council Election is on Tuesday, November 10th. After Executive Committee discussions and feedback from Membership, here are the voting guidelines:
- Assuming there ARE additional nominations made (see next bullet), AWCC Members will vote between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm on November 10, 2020 at the ballroom of the Parador Inn at 939 Western Avenue. There will be signs directing everyone to the voting location. Masks are required.
- The Nominating Committee Slate of Officers for 2020 is listed on the previous page. Any additional nominations can be made via the Google doc found in last week’s e-newsletter, as well as on from the Allegheny West website. (Scroll down on the main page.) You’ll be asked to list the name of the nominee and office nominated to, as well as confirm that the person being nominated has agreed to the nomination.. Nominations will be accepted until Sunday, November 8th at 5:00 pm.
- Sergeant-at-Arms Sara Sweeney and her two Assistant Judges of Election will collect, count, recount, and certify the election. They will also be present at the polling site to confirm eligibility and enforce social distancing.
- If there are NO nominations from the floor (i.e., no additional nominations made on the website by Sunday, November 8th at 5:00 pm), the slate listed will be accepted. An eBlast to that effect will then be posted Sunday evening alerting voters that it is unnecessary to come out and vote at the Parador on Tuesday, November 10th.
- The results will be announced at the General Membership Informational Meeting that will begin at 8:00 pm on November 10th on Zoom.
- Note that Nominating Committee Election will be postponed until February or March of 2021.